One email, sent on November 27, 2008 from a Home Office official, said clearly why: "I can understand that disclosure of the decision would help provide a balance of types of exclusion cases." Another document said, "We will want to ensure that the names disclosed reflect the broad range of cases and are not all Islamic extremists. Otherwise the exercise could play into the hands of radicals who allege falsely that the unacceptable behaviours policy is targeted specifically at the Muslim community."Interestingly enough, W. Cleon Skousen wrote of a similar list in his book The Naked Capitalist which was published in 1970. According to The Naked Capitalist, pages 92-95.
The Reuther Memorandum (circa 1961)-It seems that Michael Savage is the victim of a 49 year old play from a communist influenced play-book. But now, think about it- aren't we all?
A solid front of pro-American anti-Communists had begun to emerge from among America's long-suffering silent majority... In response to this rise, the Reuther brothers recommended five tactical maneuvers in an extensive memorandum to the Attorney General, Robert Kennedy... which turned out to be temporarily devastating to the grass-roots (pro-American, anti-Communist) movement:
1. Muzzle the military by having all speeches cleared through a military and State Department censuring committee.
2. Use every means possible to stop the flow of funds to conservative organizations. Use Internal Revenue to investigate conservative organizations and remove their tax-exemption where possible.
3. Use the power of the FCC to regulate (eliminate) conservative programs.
4. Have conservative organizations placed on the Attorney General's "Subversive Organizations" list in order to provide a "balanced list."
5. Curb the activities of J. Edgar Hoover who "exaggerates the domestic Communist menace... and contributes to the public's frame of mind."
Walter Reuther and his brother, Victor, used to write back from Russia during their training days: "Carry on the fight for a Soviet America!".