According to the article (page 2)-
"One new area that has been given a higher intelligence priority (over China) under the Obama administration is intelligence collection on climate change... The CIA recently announced that it had set up a center to study the impact of climate change."
If the facts as reported are true, there are only a few plausible reasons for this move:
- Obama policymakers actually believe that climate change is a national security risk.
- Obama policymakers are misappropriating CIA resources for political gain (cap and tax agenda).
- Obama policymakers have simply caved in to direct pressure from the Chinese government.
- Obama policymakers actually believe that appeasement is an effective tactic to defeat Communism.
- Obama policymakers actually believe that Communism is not a threat to the United States.
- Obama policymakers actually believe in "one world" government and implicitly trust the ChiComs.
"a National Intelligence Strategy... report identified China as one of four main threats to U.S. interests, along with Russia, Iran and North Korea."
Why do I say such prayers? Simply because the reported actions of the Obama administration indicate the contrary.